Abbreviations used:CI (confidence interval), EMR (electronic medical record), RR (relative risk)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Teledermatology for Diagnosis and Management of Skin Conditions: A Systematic Review of the Evidence.([Internet]) Department of Veterans Affairs (US), Washington (DC)2010 (Available from)
- State of teledermatology programs in the United States.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012; 67: 939-944
- The empirical foundations of teledermatology: a review of the research evidence.Telemed J E Health. 2015; 21: 953-979
- Teledermatology for the diagnosis and management of skin cancer: a systematic review.JAMA Dermatol. 2017; 153: 319-327
- Geographic clusters of basal cell carcinoma in a northern California health plan population.JAMA Dermatol. 2016; 152: 1218-1224
- PACS systems and web view connectivity; IHE integration statements.https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/resources/support-documentation/ihe-pacs-systemsandwebviewingDate accessed: June 14, 2018
- The CIO's guide to HIPAA compliant text messaging.https://security.imprivata.com/the-cios-guide-to-secure-text-messaging-ppc-wp.html?chnl=PPC&chnl=PPC&gclid=CjwKCAjwpIjZBRBsEiwA0TN1r_wbfCKuqrt77KsZJt6PW876GI4XtILqj-W1hQ_6DmA5ySZWMVAoOxoCESsQAvD_BwEDate accessed: June 14, 2018
- Epic Haiku.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.epic.haiku.android&hl=enDate accessed: June 25, 2018
- Statin use and risk of basal cell carcinoma.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009; 61: 66-72
- Validation of a large basal cell carcinoma registry.J Registry Manag. 2013; 40: 65-69
- Identification of patients with nonmelanoma skin cancer using health maintenance organization claims data.Am J Epidemiol. 2010; 171: 123-128
- HIV infection status, immunodeficiency, and the incidence of non-melanoma skin cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013; 105: 350-360
- Applied Longitudinal Analysis.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, 2012
- AN assessment of clinical useful measures of the consequences of treatment.N Engl J Med. 1988; 318: 1728-1733
- Novel method to improve radiologist agreement in interpretation of serial chest radiographs in the ICU.J Clin Imaging Sci. 2015; 5: 39
- Evaluation of digital skin images submitted by patients who received practical training or an online tutorial.J Telemed Telecare. 2006; 12: 79-82
- Reliability of store and forward teledermatology for skin neoplasms.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015; 72: 426-435
- Store-and-forward teledermatology results in similar clinical outcomes to conventional clinic-based care.J Telemed Telecare. 2007; 13: 26-30
- A randomized trial to evaluate the efficacy of online follow-up visits in the management of acne.Arch Dermatol. 2010; 146: 406-411
- Effect of teledermatology on the prognosis of patients with cutaneous melanoma.Arch Dermatol. 2012; 148: 1025-1028
- A teledermatology care management protocol for tracking completion of teledermatology recommendations.J Telederm Telecare. 2012; 18: 374-378
- Implementation of an education and skills programme in a teledermatology project for rural veterans.J Telemed Telecare. 2012; 18: 66-71
- Cost-effectiveness of store-and-forward teledermatology: a systematic review.JAMA Dermatol. 2016; 152: 702-708
- Two decades of teledermatology: current status and integration in national healthcare systems.Curr Dermatol Rep. 2016; 5: 96-104
- An assessment of the cost-effectiveness, safety of referral and patient satisfaction of a general practice teledermatology service.London J Prim Care (Abingdon). 2015; 7: 31-35
- Evaluation of skin cancer in Northern California Kaiser Permanente's store-and-forward teledermatology referral program.Telemed J E Health. 2013; 19: 780-785
- Cost and utility analysis of a store-and-forward teledermatology referral system: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 1323-1329
- Practice models and challenges in teledermatology: a study of collective experiences from teledermatologists.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e28687
Funding sources: Supported solely by The Permanente Medical Group , Rapid Analytics Unit .
Conflicts of interest: None disclosed.
Reprints are not available from the authors.