- The US dermatology workforce: a specialty remains in shortage.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008; 59: 741-745
- Academic dermatology manpower: issues of recruitment and retention.Arch Dermatol. 2007; 143: 341-347
- US dermatopathology fellows career survey: 2004-2005.J Cutan Pathol. 2007; 34: 487-489
US Census Bureau. Regions and divisions of the United States. Available from: URL:http://www.census.gov/geo/www/us_regdiv.pdf. Accessed January 21, 2010.
- History of the American Board of Dermatology Inc (1932-1982).J Am Acad Dermatol. 1982; 7: 821-850
List of ACGME Accredited Programs and Sponsoring Institutions. Available from: URL http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/. Accessed February 4, 2010.
- Assessment of residents’ loss of interest in academic careers and identification of correctable factors.Arch Dermatol. 2006; 142: 855-858
- Graduates of foreign dermatology residencies and military dermatology residencies and women in academic dermatology.Dermatol Online J. 2009; 15: 5-6
- Dermatology residency program characteristics that correlate with graduates selecting an academic dermatology career.Arch Dermatol. 2006; 142: 845-850
- Median dermatology base incomes in senior academia and practice are comparable, but a significant income gap exists at junior levels.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006; 55: 213-219
- Will the clinicians support the researchers and teachers? Results of a salary satisfaction survey of 947 academic surgeons.Ann Surg. 2009; 250: 432-439
- MD/PhDs are more likely than MDs to choose a career in academic dermatology.Dermatol Online J. 2008; 14: 27-28
- Dermatoscopy utilization by US dermatologists: a cross-sectional survey.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2010; 63 (419.e1-2): 412-419
- Prevalence of patch testing and methodology of US dermatologists’ results of a cross-sectional survey.Am J Contact Dermatitis. 2002; 13: 53-58
- Patch testing practices of American Contact Dermatitis Society members: a cross-sectional survey.Am J Contact Dermatitis. 2003; 14: 5-11
- Academics or private practice? The future of dermatologic surgery education.Dermatol Surg. 2006; 32: 70-78
Supported, in part, by a grant from the Association of Professors of Dermatology .
Conflicts of interest: None declared.
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs.