Abbreviations used:AGA (androgenetic alopecia), CI (confidence interval), I2 (degree of inconsistency), IGF (insulin-like growth factor), OR (odds ratio), RR (relative risk)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Molecular basis of androgenic alopecia: from androgen to paracrine mediators through dermal papilla.J Dermatol Sci. 2011; 61: 1-6
- Male pattern baldness and the risk of prostate cancer.Ann Oncol. 2011; 22: 1824-1827
- Polymorphism of the androgen receptor gene is associated with male pattern baldness.J Invest Dermatol. 2001; 116: 452-455
- Male pattern baldness and prostate cancer risk in a population-based case-control study.Cancer Epidemiol. 2010; 34: 131-135
- Male pattern baldness and clinical prostate cancer in the epidemiologic follow-up of the first national health and nutrition examination survey.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2000; 9: 523-527
- Serum androgens: associations with prostate cancer risk and hair patterning.J Androl. 1997; 18: 495-500
- Early-onset baldness and prostate cancer risk.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2000; 9: 325-328
- Androgenetic alopecia and prostate cancer: findings from an Australian case-control study.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2002; 11: 549-553
- Baldness, benign prostate hyperplasia, prostate cancer and androgen levels.Aging Male. 2008; 11: 189-192
- Androgenic alopecia is not useful as an indicator of men at high risk of prostate cancer.Eur J Cancer. 2010; 46: 3294-3299
- PRISMA Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement.Ann Intern Med. 2009; 151: 264-269
- Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting; meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology (MOOSE) group.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2008-2012
- Androgenetic alopecia as an early marker of benign prostatic hyperplasia.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012; 66: 401-408
- Hormones and hair patterning in men: a role for insulin-like growth factor 1?.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1999; 40: 200-203
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF binding protein-3, and cancer risk: systematic review and meta-regression analysis.Lancet. 2004; 363: 1346-1353
- MicroRNAs take part in pathophysiology and pathogenesis of male pattern baldness.Mol Biol Rep. 2010; 37: 2959-2965
- Differential expression analysis of balding and non-balding dermal papilla mircroRNAs in male pattern baldness with mRAP method.Br J Dermatol. 2012; 166: 1010-1016
- Discovery of circulating microRNAs associated with human prostate cancer using a mouse model of disease.Int J Cancer. 2012; 131: 652-661
- Changes in circulating microRNA levels associated with prostate cancer.Br J Cancer. 2012; 106: 768-774
- MicroRNA-34a modulates c-Myc transcriptional complexes to suppress malignancy in human prostate cancer cells.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e29722
- Epidemiology of cancer of the prostate.Cancer. 1971; 28: 344-360
- Case-control study of prostatic cancer in Kyoto, Japan: demographic and some lifestyle risk factors.Prostate. 1989; 14: 117-122
- Physical and demographic features of men before developing cancer of the prostate.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1974; 53: 341-346
- Risk factors for prostate cancer: a case-control study in Greece.Int J Cancer. 1999; 80: 699-703
Funding sources: None.
Conflicts of interest: None declared.