- Health-related quality of life of patients with psoriatic arthritis: a comparison with patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2001; 45: 151-158
- The impact of psoriasis on quality of life: results of a 1998 National Psoriasis Foundation patient-membership survey.Arch Dermatol. 2001; 137: 280-284
- Effect of psoriatic arthritis according to the affected categories of the international classification of functioning, disability and health.J Rheumatol. 2010; 37: 1885-1891
- Work disability in psoriatic arthritis: a systematic review.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2012; 51: 275-283
- Psoriatic arthritis: epidemiology, clinical features, course.outcome. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005; 64 (ii14-7)
- Comparison of radiological severity in psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.J Rheumatol. 2001; 28: 1041-1044
- Mortality studies in psoriatic arthritis; results from a single outpatient clinic, I: causes and risk of death.Arthritis Rheum. 1997; 40: 1868-1872
- Mortality studies in psoriatic arthritis; results from a single outpatient center, II: prognostic indicators for death.Arthritis Rheum. 1998; 41: 1103-1110
Chin YY, Yu HS, Li WC, Ko YC, Chen GS, Wu CS, et al. Arthritis as an important determinant for psoriatic patients to develop severe vascular events in Taiwan: a nationwide study. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol doi: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2012.04706.x. Published online September 25, 2012.
- Psoriatic arthritis from Wright's era until today.J Rheumatol. 2009; 36: 4-8
- Psoriatic arthritis: interrelationships between skin and joint manifestations related to onset, course and distribution.Clin Rheumatol. 2000; 19: 301-305
- Epidemiology of psoriatic arthritis in the population of the United States.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2005; 53: 573
- Clinical characteristics of psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis in dermatologists' offices.J Dermatolog Treat. 2006; 17: 279-287
- Incidence of arthritis in a prospective cohort of psoriasis patients.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011; 63: 619-622
- The risk of psoriatic arthritis remains constant following initial diagnosis of psoriasis among patients seen in European dermatology clinics.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2010; 24: 548-554
- High prevalence of psoriatic arthritis in patients with severe psoriasis with suboptimal performance of screening questionnaires.Ann Rheum Dis. 2013; 72: 736-740
- Epidemiology and clinical pattern of psoriatic arthritis in Germany: a prospective interdisciplinary epidemiological study of 1511 patients with plaque-type psoriasis.Br J Dermatol. 2009; 160: 1040-1047
- High prevalence of psoriatic arthritis in a cohort of patients with psoriasis seen in a dermatology practice.J Cutan Med Surg. 2012; 16: 122-127
- The self-administered Psoriasis and Arthritis Screening Questionnaire (PASQ): a sensitive and specific tool for the diagnosis of early and established psoriatic arthritis.Psoriasis Forum. 2010; 16: 9-16
- Evaluation of an existing screening tool for psoriatic arthritis in people with psoriasis and the development of a new instrument: the Psoriasis Epidemiology Screening Tool (PEST) questionnaire.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009; 27: 469-474
- Development and initial validation of a screening questionnaire for psoriatic arthritis: the Toronto Psoriatic Arthritis Screen (ToPAS).Ann Rheum Dis. 2009; 68: 497-501
The PREPARE study was sponsored by Pfizer Inc . Editorial/medical writing support was provided by Donna McGuire of UBC Scientific Solutions and was funded by Pfizer Inc .
Disclosure: Dr Mease received grant support and/or honoraria for consultations or speaking engagements from Abbott, Amgen, Biogen Idec, Bristol Myers Squibb, Celgene, Crescendo, Forest, Genentech, Janssen, Lilly, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer Inc, UCB, and Vertex. Dr Gladman received grant support from Abbot, Amgen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Janssen, Pfizer Inc, and UCB . Dr Khraishi received unrestricted educational grants from Pfizer Canada. Dr Thaçi received honoraria for consultations or speaking engagements from Abbott, Amgen, Astellas, Biogen Idec, Celgene, Janssen, Leo, Lilly, MSD, Novartis, and Pfizer Inc. Dr Behrens received grant support and/or honoraria for consultations or speaking engagements from Abbott, Biotest, Chugai, MorphoSys, Pfizer Inc, Roche, and UCB. Dr Northington is an employee of inVentiv Health, paid contractors to Pfizer Inc in providing statistical support for the PREPARE study and the development of this manuscript. Dr Boggs was an employee of Pfizer Inc at the time of study conduct and manuscript development. Ms Fuiman, Dr Bananis, and Dr Alvarez are current employees of Pfizer Inc and owners of Pfizer Inc stock. Dr Papp has no conflicts of interest to declare.