Abbreviations used:PASQ (Psoriasis and Arthritis Screening Questionnaire), PEST (Psoriasis Epidemiology Screening Tool), PsA (psoriatic arthritis), ToPAS (Toronto Psoriatic Arthritis Screen)
- Psoriatic arthritis from Wright's era until today.J Rheumatol. 2009; 36: 4-8
- Comparison of radiological severity in psoriatic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.J Rheumatol. 2001; 28: 1041-1044
- Early psoriatic arthritis.Rheum Dis Clin North Am. 2005; 31: 641-657
National Psoriasis Foundation. 2011 Survey panel snapshot. Available from: URL: http://www.psoriasis.org/document.doc?id=1782. Accessed December 16, 2013.
- The self-administered Psoriasis and Arthritis Screening Questionnaire (PASQ): a sensitive and specific tool for the diagnosis of early and established psoriatic arthritis.Psoriasis Forum. 2010; 16: 9-16
- Evaluation of an existing screening tool for psoriatic arthritis in people with psoriasis and the development of a new instrument: the Psoriasis Epidemiology Screening Tool (PEST) questionnaire.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2009; 27: 469-474
- Development and initial validation of a screening questionnaire for psoriatic arthritis: the Toronto Psoriatic Arthritis Screen (ToPAS).Ann Rheum Dis. 2009; 68: 497-501
- Prevalence of rheumatologist-diagnosed psoriatic arthritis in psoriasis patients in European/North American dermatology clinics.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013; 69: 729-735
- The electronic Psoriasis and Arthritis Screening Questionnaire (ePASQ): a sensitive and specific tool to diagnose psoriatic arthritis patients.J Cutan Med Surg. 2011; 15: 143-149
- Psoriasis Epidemiology Screening Tool (PEST): a report from the GRAPPA 2009 annual meeting.J Rheumatol. 2011; 38: 551-552
- Toronto Psoriatic Arthritis Screening (ToPAS) questionnaire: a report from the GRAPPA 2009 annual meeting.J Rheumatol. 2011; 38: 546-547
- High prevalence of psoriatic arthritis in patients with severe psoriasis with suboptimal performance of screening questionnaires.Ann Rheum Dis. 2013; 72: 736-740
- Comparison of three screening tools to detect psoriatic arthritis in patients with psoriasis (CONTEST study).Br J Dermatol. 2013; 168: 802-807
- Limitations in screening instruments for psoriatic arthritis: a comparison of instruments in patients with psoriasis.J Rheumatol. 2013; 40: 287-293
Sponsored by Pfizer Inc , which was involved in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of data; preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript; and decision to submit the manuscript for publication.
Disclosure: Dr Mease received grant support and/or honoraria for consultations or speaking engagements from Abbott , Amgen , Biogen Idec , Bristol-Myers Squibb , Celgene , Crescendo , Forest , Genentech , Janssen, Lilly , Merck , Novartis , Pfizer Inc , and UCB . Dr Gladman received grant support from Abbott , Amgen , Bristol-Myers Squibb , Janssen , Pfizer Inc , and UCB . Dr Helliwell received honoraria for speaking engagements from Pfizer Inc . Dr Khraishi received unrestricted educational grants from Pfizer Canada . Ms Fuiman, Dr Bananis, and Dr Alvarez are employees of Pfizer Inc and owners of Pfizer Inc stock.