Abbreviations used:AAD (American Academy of Dermatology), ABP (American Board of Pediatrics), APA (American Pediatric Association)
Modaffare J. American Board of Dermatology: 232 total board-certified pediatric dermatologists as of October 2012. Available from: URL:http://www.abderm.org/subspecialties/pediatric.html. Accessed February 25, 2014.
- Demand outstrips supply of US pediatric dermatologists: results from a national survey.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 50: 431-434
- A survey of skin disorders seen in pediatric general and dermatology clinics.Pediatr Dermatol. 1984; 1: 219-222
- Skin diseases encountered in a pediatric clinic: a one-year prospective study.Am J Dis Child. 1985; 139: 36-38
- An audit of dermatology in a pediatric accident and emergency department.J Accid Emerg Med. 1994; 11: 158-161
- Pediatric skin disorders encountered in an emergency hospital facility: a prospective study.Acta Derm Venereol. 2004; 84: 451-454
- Pediatric dermatology inpatient consultations: a retrospective study of 427 cases.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013; 68: 926-931
- Dermatology training during the pediatric residency.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 1988; 27: 100-103
- Diagnostic performance and retention of acquired skills after dermatology elective.Int J Dermatol. 2003; 42: 812-815
- Learning dermatology on a dermatology elective.Int J Dermatol. 1990; 29: 345-348
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Program requirements for graduate medical education in pediatrics. Available from: URL:https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/2013-PR-FAQ-PIF/320_pediatrics_07012013.pdf. Accessed October 27, 2013.
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Program requirements for graduate medical education in family medicine. Available from: URL:http://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/120pr07012007.pdf. Accessed October 27, 2013.
- Research Advisory Committee of the American Board of Pediatrics. Pediatric fellows: perspectives on training and future scope of practice.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: S31-S37
- Research Advisory Committee of the American Board of Pediatrics. Recently trained general pediatricians: perspectives on residency training and scope of practice.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: S38-S43
- A novel online didactic curriculum helps improve knowledge acquisition among non-emergency medicine rotating residents.Acad Emerg Med. 2011; 18: 53-59
- A unique, interactive and web-based pediatric rheumatology teaching module: residents' perceptions.Pediatr Rheumatol Online J. 2013; 11: 22
- Comparison of the instructional efficacy of Internet-based CME with live interactive CME workshops: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1043-1051
- Evaluating online continuing medical education seminars: evidence for improving clinical practices.Am J Med Qual. 2008; 23: 475-483
American Academy of Dermatology. Medical student core curriculum. Available from: URL:http://www.aad.org/education/medical-student-core-curriculum. Accessed November 12, 2013.
- Online learning in a dermatology clerkship: piloting the new American Academy of Dermatology medical student core curriculum.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013; 69: 267-272
- Clinic teaching made easy: a prospective study of the American Academy of Dermatology core curriculum in primary care learners.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013; 69: 273-279
- The Delphi method: an experimental application of group opinion.in: Dalkey N. Rourke N. Lewis R. Snyder D. Studies in the quality of life. Lexington Books, Lexington (MA)1972
- The Delphi technique in health sciences education research.Med Teach. 2005; 27: 639-643
- Building consensus on key priorities for rural health care in South Africa using the Delphi technique.Glob Health Action. 2013; 6: 19522
- Consensus methods: characteristics and guidelines for use.Am J Public Health. 1984; 74: 979-983
- Essential components of a medical student curriculum on chronic pain management in older adults: results of a modified Delphi process.Pain Med. 2002; 3: 240-252
- Consensus recommendations of pediatric transfusion medicine objectives for clinical pathology residency training programs.Transfusion. 2010; 50: 1071-1078
- Delphi survey of priorities in clinical nursing research.Nurs Res. 1975; 24: 434-441
- The Delphi technique: myths and realities.J Adv Nurs. 2003; 41: 376-382
American Academy of Dermatology. Learning objectives, medical student core curriculum. Available from: URL:http://www.aad.org/education/medical-student-core-curriculum/goals-and-objectives. Accessed November 12, 2013.
The American Board of Pediatrics. Content outline. Available from: URL:https://www.abp.org/abpwebsite/moc/cognitiveexpertisesecureexam/contentandpreparation/gpmoc.pdf. Accessed November 12, 2013.
Academic Pediatric Association. Educational guidelines for pediatric residency. Available from: URL:http://www.academicpeds.org/egwebnew/index.cfm. Accessed November 12, 2013.
- One specialty's collaborative approach to competency-based curriculum development.Acad Med. 2009; 84: 1262-1268
- A technique for the measurement of attitudes.Arch Psychol Frankf. 1932; 22: 1-55
Green P. The content of a college-level outdoor leadership course. Presented at the Conference of the Northwest District Association for the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. Spokane, WA. 1982.
The American Board of Pediatrics. Content outline. Available from: URL:https://www.abp.org/abpwebsite/takeexam/generalpediatricscertifying/contentpdfs/gpoutline.pdf. Accessed February 25, 2014.
- Consulting the oracle: ten lessons from using the Delphi technique in nursing research.J Adv Nurs. 2006; 53: 205-212
Supported by a Society for Pediatric Dermatology Pilot Project Award (award # A119953).
Disclosure: Dr Frieden serves as a consultant for Pierre Fabre Dermatology and is on the advisory board for Anacor Pharmaceuticals. Ms Feigenbaum, Dr Boscardin, and Dr Mathes have no conflicts of interest to declare.