Abbreviations used:NRS (National Rosacea Society), RosaQoL (Rosacea Quality of Life Index)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- An epidemiological study of rosacea.Acta Derm Venereol. 1989; 69: 419-423
McAleer MA, Fitzpatrick P, Powell FC. The prevalence and pathogenesis of rosacea. Poster presented at: 88th Annual Meeting of the British Association of Dermatologists. July 1-4, 2008; Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- Prevalence of rosacea in an Estonian working population using a standard classification.Acta Derm Venereol. 2010; 90: 269-273
- Prevalence of rosacea in the general population of Germany and Russia—the RISE study.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2016; 30: 428-434
- Rosacea in skin of color: not a rare diagnosis.Dermatol Online J. 2014 Oct 15; 20 (pii:13030/qtlmv9r0ss)
- Clinical evaluation of 168 Korean patients with rosacea: the sun exposure correlates with the erythematotelangiectatic subtype.Ann Dermatol. 2009; 21: 243-249
- Rosacea: 244 Tunisian cases.Tunis Med. 2010; 88: 597-601
- Rosacea in black South Africans with skin phototypes V and VI.Clin Exp Dermatol. 2017; 42: 670-673
- Standard classification of rosacea: report of the National Rosacea Society Expert Committee on the Classification and Staging of Rosacea.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002; 46: 584-587
- An evaluation of potential correlations between pathophysiologic mechanisms, clinical manifestations, and management of rosacea.Cutis. 2013; 91: 1-8
- Consensus recommendations from the American Acne and Rosacea Society on the management of rosacea, part 1: a status report on the disease state, general measures, and adjunctive skin care.Cutis. 2013; 92: 234-240
- Updating the diagnosis, classification and assessment of rosacea: recommendations from the global ROSacea COnsensus (ROSCO) panel.Br J Dermatol. 2017; 176: 431-438
- Neurovascular and neuroimmune aspects in the pathophysiology of rosacea.J Invest Dermatol Symp Proc. 2011; 15: 53-62
- Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide: an important vascular regulator in human skin in vivo.Am J Pathol. 2010; 177: 2563-2575
- Distribution and expression of non-neuronal transient receptor potential (TRPV) ion channels in rosacea.J Invest Dermatol. 2012; 132: 1253-1262
- Molecular biologic assessment of cutaneous specimens of ocular rosacea.Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg. 2012; 28: 246-250
- An observational cross-sectional survey of rosacea: clinical associations and progression between subtypes.Br J Dermatol. 2013; 169: 555-562
- Integrative concepts of rosacea pathophysiology, clinical presentation and new therapeutics.Exp Dermatol. 2017; 26: 659-667
- Clinical, cellular, and molecular aspects in the pathophysiology of rosacea.J Invest Dermatol Symp Proc. 2011; 15: 2-11
- Gene array expression profiling in acne lesions reveals marked upregulation of genes involved in inflammation and matrix remodeling.J Invest Dermatol. 2006; 126: 1071-1079
- Molecular and morphological characterization of inflammatory infiltrate in rosacea reveals activation of Th1/Th17 pathways.J Invest Dermatol. 2015; 135: 2198-2208
- Neurovascular aspects of skin neurogenic inflammation.J Invest Dermatol Symp Proc. 2011; 15: 33-39
- Stinging and rosacea.Acta Derm Venereol. 1999; 79: 460-461
- Tachykinins and their receptors: contributions to physiological control and the mechanisms of disease.Physiol Rev. 2014; 94: 265-301
- High prevalence of Demodex in eyelashes with cylindrical dandruff.Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2005; 46: 3089-3094
- Mast cells are key mediators of cathelicidin-initiated skin inflammation in rosacea.J Invest Dermatol. 2014; 134: 2728-2736
- TLR2 expression is increased in rosacea and stimulates enhanced serine protease production by keratinocytes.J Invest Dermatol. 2011; 131: 688-697
- The vitamin D pathway: a new target for control of the skin's immune response?.Exp Dermatol. 2008; 17: 633-639
- Increased serine protease activity and cathelicidins promotes skin inflammation in rosacea.Nat Med. 2007; 13: 975-980
- Clinical, histologic, and molecular analysis of differences between erythematotelangiectatic rosacea and telangiectatic photoaging.JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 825-836
- Flushing Assessment Tool (FAST): psychometric properties of a new measure assessing flushing symptoms and clinical impact of niacin therapy.Clin Drug Investig. 2009; 29: 215-229
- Validation of a questionnaire to assess niacin-induced cutaneous flushing.Curr Med Res Opin. 2007; 23: 1549-1560
- Reliability of Clinician Erythema Assessment grading scale.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014; 71: 760-763
- Erythema of rosacea: validation of Patient's Self-Assessment Grading Scale.J Drugs Dermatol. 2015; 14: 841-844
Holt S, Braithwaite I, Hunt A, et al. A topical kanuka honey formulation is an effective treatment for rosacea. Poster presented at: the 73rd Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology. March 20-24, 2015;San Francisco, CA.
- A pilot quality-of-life instrument for acne rosacea.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007; 57: 213-221
- Standard grading system for rosacea: report of the National Rosacea Society Expert Committee on the Classification and Staging of Rosacea.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 50: 907-912
- Emotional toll of facial redness equal to bumps, pimples: survey. Rosacea Review.(Available at: 2013;fall:2)Accessed March 1, 2017)
- Survey shows controlling stress can reduce flare-up frequency. Rosacea Review.(Available at: 2011;fall:2)Accessed March 1, 2017)
- Rosacea patients feel effects of their condition in patient setting. Rosacea Review.(Available at: 2012;fall:2)Accessed March 1, 2017)
- Rosacea can affect workplace interactions, survey reveals. Rosacea Review.(Available at: 2015;fall:2)Accessed March 1, 2017)
- The impact of rosacea on quality of life: effects of demographic and clinical characteristics and various treatment modalities.Br J Dermatol. 2010; 163: 719-725
- Blushing propensity and psychological distress in people with rosacea.Clin Psychol Psychother. 2012; 19: 488-495
- Perceptions on the psychological impact of facial erythema associated with rosacea: results of international survey.Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2015; 5: 117-127
- Health-related quality of life in patients with cutaneous rosacea: a systematic review.Acta Derm Venereol. 2015; 95: 395-400
- Results of a national rosacea patient survey: common issues that concern rosacea sufferers.J Drugs Dermatol. 2009; 8: 120-123
- Erythema of rosacea impairs health-related quality of life: results of a meta-analysis.Dermatol Ther. 2016; 6: 237-247
- Feelings of stigmatization in patients with rosacea.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2017; 31: 163-168
- Dermatology Life Quality Index (DLQI)—a simple practical measure for routine clinical use.Clin Exp Dermatol. 1994; 19: 210-216
- Manual for the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales.2nd ed. Psychology Foundation, Sydney, Australia1995
- Development and validation of the Penn State Worry Questionnaire.Behav Res Ther. 1990; 28: 487-495
Supported by the National Rosacea Society .
Disclosure: Dr Granstein is a Galderma consultant and Elysium investigator and advisory board member; Dr Kang is a Galderma advisory board member. Dr Tan is a Galderma advisory board member, consultant, speaker, and investigator; a Bayer advisory board member; and a Cipher Roche advisory board member. Drs Gallo, Mannis, Steinhoff, and Thiboutot have no conflicts of interest to declare.
Reprint requests: National Rosacea Society, 196 James St, Barrington, IL 60010. E-mail: [email protected] .