- Cytometric evaluation of abdominal subcutaneous adipocytes after percutaneous CO2 infiltration.Rev Col Bras Cir. 2011; 38 ([in English and Portuguese]): 15-23
- Synergistic effects of cryolipolysis and shock waves for noninvasive body contouring.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2012; 36: 666-679
- Carbon dioxide: maybe not the only one but an efficient and secure gas for treating local adiposities.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2012; 36: 218-219
- Carbon dioxide therapy: effects on skin irregularity and its use as a complement to liposuction.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2004; 28: 222-225
- Carbon dioxide therapy in the treatment of localized adiposities: clinical study and histopathological correlations.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2001; 25: 170-174
- Clinical evidence of subcutaneous CO2 insufflations: a systematic review.J Altern Complement Med. 2000; 6: 391-403
- Carbon dioxide therapy in the treatment of cellulite: an audit of clinical practice.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2010; 34: 239-243
- Cas Lek Cesk. 2006; 145 ([in Czech]): 841-843
- Comparison of the effects of carboxytherapy and radiofrequency on skin rejuvenation.J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2015; 17: 156-161
- Massive subcutaneous emphysema after carbon dioxide mesotherapy.Aesthet Plast Surg. 2013; 37: 194-197
- Periorbital area rejuvenation using carbon dioxide therapy.J Cosmet Dermatol. 2012; 11: 223-228
- Med Mal Infect. 2011; 41 ([in French]): 379-383
- Subcutaneous carboxytherapy injection for aesthetic improvement of scars.Ear Nose Throat J. 2010; 89: 64-66
- Effectiveness of carboxytherapy in the treatment of cellulite in healthy women: a pilot study.Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2016; 9: 183-190
- Quality survey on efficacy of carboxytherapy for localized lipolysis.J Cosmet Dermatol. 2016; 15: 484-492
- A prospective clinical study of non- invasive cryolypolysis for subcutaneous fat layer reduction—interim report of available subject data.Laser Surg Med. 2009; S21: 45
- Assessment of the efficacy of cryolipolysis on saddlebags: a prospective study of 53 patients.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017; 140: 50-57
- Cryolipolysis for noninvasive fat cell destruction: initial results from a pig model.Dermatol Surg. 2009; 35: 1462-1470
Funding sources: Supported by departmental research funds of the Department of Dermatology, Northwestern University.
Disclosure: Dr Makin is a scientific advisor to Ulthera, Inc. Dr Alam, Dr Sadhwani, Ms Geisler, Dr Aslam, Mr Schlessinger, Dr Disphanurat, Dr Pongprutthipan, Dr Voravutinon, Ms Weil, Mr Chen, Dr West, Dr Veledar, and Ms Poon, have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Reprints not available from the authors.