Abbreviations used:AV (acne vulgaris), CI (confidence interval), IGA (Investigator's Global Assessment), LSM (least-square mean), RR (risk ratio), TEAE (treatment-emergent adverse event)
- Guidelines of care for the management of acne vulgaris.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016; 74: 945-973.e33
- Acne and quality of life - impact and management.J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015; 29: 12-14
- Minocycline in acne vulgaris: benefits and risks.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2010; 11: 327-341
- Minocycline for acne vulgaris: efficacy and safety.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 15: CD002086
- Antibiotic resistance in acne treatment.JAMA Dermatol. 2017; 153: 810-811
- Systematic review of antibiotic resistance in acne: an increasing topical and oral threat.Lancet Infect Dis. 2016; 16: e23-e33
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Propionibacterium acnes isolates from acne patients in Colombia.Int J Dermatol. 2013; 52: 688-692
- In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of Propionibacterium acnes isolated from patients with acne vulgaris.J Infect Dev Ctries. 2016; 10: 1140-1145
- Pharmacokinetic comparison of once-daily topical minocycline foam 4% vs oral minocycline for moderate-to-severe acne.J Drugs Dermatol. 2017; 16: 1022-1028
- Topical minocycline foam for moderate to severe acne vulgaris: phase 2 randomized double-blind, vehicle-controlled study results.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016; 74: 1251-1252
- Solodyn [package insert]. Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC, Bridgewater, NJJune 2016
- Frequency of primary nonadherence to acne treatment.JAMA Dermatol. 2015; 151: 623-626
- Large-scale worldwide observational study of adherence with acne therapy.Int J Dermatol. 2010; 49: 448-456
- Medical adherence to acne therapy: a systematic review.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2014; 15: 87-94
- Patients with psoriasis prefer solution and foam vehicles: a quantitative assessment of vehicle preference.Cutis. 2002; 70: 327-332
- Emollient foam in topical drug delivery.Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2006; 3: 799-807
- Topical therapy for acne.Am Fam Physician. 2000; 61: 357-366
- Treatment of acne with topical antibiotics: lessons from clinical studies.Br J Dermatol. 2005; 153: 395-403
Funding sources: Sponsored by Foamix Pharmaceuticals .
Disclosure: Dr Stein Gold is an adviser and investigator for Foamix Pharmaceuticals, GlaxoSmithKline, LEO Pharma, and Valeant; an investigator for Janssen; and an adviser for Novartis. Dr Dhawan is an adviser for ABC Pharma. Dr Weiss is a principal investigator for AbbVie, Aclaris Therapeutics Inc, Endo International plc, Foamix Pharmaceuticals, Galderma Laboratories, LP, LEO Pharma US, Moberg Pharma North America LLC, Promius Pharma, LLC, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International; a speaker for AbbVie and Ortho Dermatologics; a consultant for Aclaris Therapeutics Inc and LEO Pharma Inc; and an adviser for Foamix Pharmaceuticals, Galderma Laboratories, LP, and Valeant Pharmaceuticals International. Dr Draelos is a principal investigator and adviser for Foamix Pharmaceuticals. Dr Ellman and Dr Stuart are employees and stockholders of Foamix Pharmaceuticals.
Presented as a poster presentation at the 36th Fall Clinical Dermatology Conference, Las Vegas, NV, Oct 12-15, 2017.