Abbreviations used:AA (alopecia areata), AT (alopecia totalis), AU (alopecia universalis), QOL (quality of life), SALT (Severity of Alopecia Tool)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Recent insights in the epidemiology of autoimmune diseases: improved prevalence estimates and understanding of clustering of diseases.J Autoimmun. 2009; 33: 197-207
- Clinical practice. Lichen planus.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 723-732
- Incidence of alopecia areata in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 1975 through 1989.Mayo Clinic Proc. 1995; 70: 628-633
Cranwell WC, Lai VW, Photiou L, Meah N, Wall D, Rathnayake D, et al, Treatment of alopecia areata: an Australian expert consensus statement. Australas J Dermatol. https://doi.org/10.1111/ajd.12941. Accessed October 24, 2018.
- Systemic treatments for alopecia areata: a systematic review.Australas J Dermatol. 2019; 60: e1-e13
- The effect of oral cyclosporine in the treatment of severe alopecia areata.Cutan Ocul Toxicol. 2014; 33: 247-252
- Oral cyclosporine for the treatment of alopecia areata. A clinical and immunohistochemical analysis.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1990; 22: 242-250
- Partial response of severe alopecia areata to cyclosporine A.Dermatology. 1999; 199: 67-69
- A comparative study of oral cyclosporine and betamethasone minipulse therapy in the treatment of alopecia areata.Ann Dermatol. 2016; 28: 569-574
- Development of the alopecia areata symptom impact scale.J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2013; 16: S51-S52
- Validity and reliability of the Assessment of Quality of Life (AQoL)-8D multi-attribute utility instrument.Patient. 2014; 7: 85-96
- Double-blind, placebo-controlled evaluation of topical minoxidil in extensive alopecia areata.J Am Acad Dermatol. 1987; 16: 730-736
- Stata Statistical Software: release 12.StataCorp LP, College Station, TX2011
- Clinical efficacy of diphenylcyclopropenone in alopecia areata: retrospective data analysis of 50 patients.J Investig Dermatol Symp Proc. 2015; 17: 50-55
Peeva E, Craiglow B, Banerjee A, et al. A phase 2a randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate efficacy and safety of Janus kinase inhibitors PF-06651600 and PF-06700841 in alopecia areata: 24-week results. Abstract presented at the 27th European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Congress. September 12-16, 2018; Paris, France.
Funding sources: Supported by the Australia Alopecia Areata Foundation .
Conflicts of interest: None disclosed.
Reprints not available from the authors.