Abbreviations used:BC (breast cancer), CI (confidence interval), FPHL (female patterned hair loss), HR (hazard ratio), ICD (International Classification of Diseases)
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Innovative use of spironolactone as an antiandrogen in the treatment of female pattern hair loss.Dermatol Clin. 2010; 28: 611-618
- Female pattern alopecia: current perspectives.Int J Womens Health. 2013; 5: 541-546
- Spironolactone use and risk of incident cancers: a retrospective, matched cohort study.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2016; 83: 653-663
- Spironolactone use and the risk of breast cancer.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016; 24: AB72
- Spironolactone use and the risk of breast and gynecologic cancers.Cancer Epidemiol. 2013; 37: 870-875
- International Agency for Research on Cancer Some thyrotropic agents. IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to humans. Volume 79: Some Thyrotropic Agents.(2001. Available at:)http://monographs.iarc.fr/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/mono79.pdfDate: 2001Date accessed: February 20, 2020
- Safety of 5α-reductase inhibitors and spironolactone in breast cancer patients receiving endocrine therapies.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2019; 174: 15-26
- Spironolactone and the risk of incident breast cancer in women older than 55 years: retrospective, matched cohort study.BMJ. 2012; 345: e4447
- Annual hazard rates of recurrence for breast cancer during 24 years of follow-up: results from the International Breast Cancer Study Group Trials I to V.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 927-935
- Hormone replacement therapy: an increased risk of recurrence and mortality for breast cancer patients?.J Adv Pract Oncol. 2015; 6: 322-330
- Coding Neoplasms.(Available at:)https://providers.bcbsal.org/portal/documents/10226/306297/Coding+Neoplasms+%28Cancer%29/1c52e9bd-7ac8-4ca0-a4a4-4238a15ef0a6Date accessed: December 25, 2019
- Spironolactone in cardiovascular disease: an expanding universe?.F1000Res. 2017; 6: 1738
- Spironolactone for the treatment of acne in women, a retrospective study of 110 patients.Int J Womens Dermatol. 2017; 3: 111-115
- Coding algorithms for defining comorbidities in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 administrative data.Med Care. 2005; 43: 1130-1139
- G∗Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences.Behav Res Methods. 2007; 39: 175-191
- Estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer: exploiting signaling pathways implicated in endocrine resistance.Oncologist. 2018; 23: 528-539
- Permanent scalp alopecia related to breast cancer chemotherapy by sequential fluorouracil/epirubicin/cyclophosphamide (FEC) and docetaxel: a prospective study of 20 patients.Ann Oncol. 2012; 23: 2879-2884
- Alcohol intake and breast cancer risk: weighing the overall evidence.Curr Breast Cancer Rep. 2013; 5https://doi.org/10.1007/s12609-013-0114z
- Postdiagnosis alcohol consumption and breast cancer prognosis in the after breast cancer pooling project.Cancer Epidemol Biomarkers Prev. 2013; 22: 32-41
- Interactions between alcohol consumption and adjuvant hormone therapy in relation to breast cancer-free survival.J Breast Cancer. 2018; 21: 158-164
- Validity of ICD-9-CM codes for breast, lung, and colorectal cancers in three Italian administrative healthcare databases: a diagnostic accuracy study protocol.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e010547
Funding sources: None.
Conflicts of interest: None disclosed.
IRB approval status: Not applicable.